1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a DV camcorder in Tenerife

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by christian blake, Sep 17, 2002.

1. christian blake

christian blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was in Tenerife last July and I was amazed at the price of top DV camcorders. I got one sales person down to £250 for a CANON MV550I (rrp £667.86). Being a novice I didn’t buy one. I am wondering if anyone has bought one from Tenerife and what kind of things to look out for. I checked out a couple of camcorders and both seemed to carry a 12-month international guarantee. I am going back to Tenerife this October and want to know as much info as poss. I am a camcorder virgin. Help! Thanks

2. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Basicly - Don't! . One of the 'watchdog' style TV programmes did an expose on this a few weeks ago. Shops that trade there as 'Dixons' & 'Jessops' are actually nothing to do with them. Even the shop livery is the same! They tell you that "any problems, you can take it back to your local branch", which of course you can't. The upshot was; you'll be ripped off. :eek: