• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Buying a contact phone from someone then it gets locked for non payment

chaz206

Established Member
Evening all, just wanted to know if you buy a phone which is on contract and other party doesnt pay the bill it will then get locked by network provider

What do you do then, luckily it hasn't happened to me but I'm considering a phone like this and wanted to know

Cheers

finbaar

Established Member
Happened to me with a phone from Cash Generator. Luckily I got a refund. I would be very careful buying privately as people do scam insurance by selling a phone then claiming that it was lost /stolen.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Yes and you would technically be handling stolen goods so buying a second have phone is buyer beware. Verify the seller

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
i think if the phone is Android maybe it is possible to open..To do this must be a little expert,because is required to flash your phone and changes the rom and the emei also..
But i tell you again,you must be a little expert!!!!
Have a nice Day!!

Changing the IMEI is illegal in the UK and other countries.

John

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

Prominent Member
Evening all, just wanted to know if you buy a phone which is on contract and other party doesnt pay the bill it will then get locked by network provider

What do you do then, luckily it hasn't happened to me but I'm considering a phone like this and wanted to know

Cheers
I sold my contract phone recently to an AVForums member. I provided 'proof' that the (O2 refresh) contract had been paid off before dispatching the phone. If I was buying and wasn't offered similar/proof evidence I wouldn't go through with the sale.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom