1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buying a case for the psp

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by chrisafc, Mar 26, 2005.

1. chrisafc

chrisafc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Im jus stuck between two cases for the psp and id like your opinions on it.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2362,CONTENTID=10181

The logitech playgear pocket:
    seems like good protection
    easy to play while in the case
    adjustable 270-degree lid to use as a stand
    dosen't seem to make the psp alot bigger, i like how isen't a case as such but just a "extra layer" for the psp

http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=48

Nyko PSP Charger Case:
    High density battery extends the PSP battery life 200%.
    Hard case is shock and water resistant.
    Neoprene lining pads and secures the PSP.

As we all know battery life has seemed to be a concern when travelling with the psp so the charger case seems like a good option but the playgear pocket is fully playable while in the case and can be used as a stand (annoying trying to watch a film and holding the psp) suggestions please?

dont want to buy another psp battery personally but maybe i should buy the logitech case with The Pelican PSP Power Brick.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=801938

i think it can charge the psp 2 to 3 times without needing a charge itself.

Another thing i found - Nyko Theatre experience:
    portable battary
    case
    The ability to adjust the viewing angle of the PSP within the Nyko Theater Experience

http://www.nyko.com/Nyko/Products/?i=39#

Please some suggestions:
    important things are good protection, battery life in mind and able to watch films.

2. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    They all seem a but bulky to me and I personally just use the soft case that comes with the PSP (value pack).
    Still the most interesting one is the nyko one that recharges the battery. Good for long trips. and good for movies if the speakers are any good. (psp speakers suck)
    It might be good to have a couple of cases in the end, one for every situation.

Im hopping sony will release interchangable covers for the PSP. the top layer of the PSP is almost the same as a cover and if the screen gets scratched, it doesnt really matter as the actual LCD screen is underneath the top layer.
    If we could change the top layer every so often there wouldnt be any need for a case!.

So im my opinion its best to get a case that does more than just protect the PSP and the one that charges the machine and has speakers seems to be the most usefull. But it WILL be bulky to carry arround day to day.

3. chrisafc

chrisafc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    the more i thought about i thought that the one that comes with the value pack will be used for short trips or whatever and the charger with speakers more for long trips. Just the logitech one looked usefull becuase it didnt seem too big. Can't find a price for the Nyko Theatre experience, got a feeling it would be expensive. If the speakers are good id get that one for sure.

4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,954
    Can't say i'm hugely bothered about a case to be honest. The battery charger one is a good idea but it's really thick. The theatre one is simply massive and kind of reduces the portability of the unit. It would be OK if you are taking the PSP away in a bag but it's far too big to slip into a pocket when in that thing.