1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buying a BIG SCREEN TOMMOROW!! advice please

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Illest, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Illest

Illest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys -- I'm buying a big screen tommorow from circuit city ( i used to work there; so i'm going to get a deal )

I was originally thinking the Sony KP57WS510 because all the consumer reviews raved about it.

When I worked at circuit city the Hitachis were the best, and I asked my friends there and they say they still are so now I'm thinking of getting the slightly more expensive Hitachi 57S500.

What do you think of the Hitachi 57S500?? Heard good things, bad things? Which set would you rather have?

--------

Also -- this is my first big screen so should I be worried about playing PS2 and XBOX on it (all the time)?? Is there anything a first time big screen buyer should know? Ya'll are the true experts, thats why i'm asking here...

And one more thing. Its going in an average size one bedroom apartment (722 sq ft)...I'll be sitting about 10-14' from the screen. I realize that a 51'' is a more reasonable choice but do you think I am dumb going as large as the 57''? The 57'' isn't that much more money, but it is quite a bit larger, so I assume go with that. ANy thoughts?

thanks!

2. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mitsubishis or the Pioneer Elite models are the best money can buy today.

Check them out...

3. Illest

Illest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wow --- that may have been the least helpfull post I have ever read in the history of the internet.

I know enough to know I would take a hitachi over a mitsu anyday. IMO, a $2500 Hitachi crushes a $2500 mitsu

and yeah the elites are great -- but read my post -- i'm getting a deal on the hitachi or sony, and i'm not trying to spend 2x or 3x that ammount.

nut..

anybody with some better advice, is greatly appricated...

thanks;

4. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice attitude...

You want a budget RPTV, you get budget, your $$$

5. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Illest and welcome :hiya:

I don't think you noticed the British flag in the banner of the site, we're a UK based forum catering mainly to the UK, Europe and Australasia. You may find some more help over at www.avsforum.com Good luck with your purchase :)

6. Illest

Illest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ahhh brits ay? i see now....

are ya'll into smaller tv's or something? Most americnas want the big screen -- but most posts here are for large tube tvs.