Buying a B&W PV-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM 73

Looking to change my sub too a b&w pv-1,does anybody know a place to get one at a good price ??

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
I think you'll be hard pushed to get a deal on one anywhere unless you are spending big money on other stuff at the time too.

As a retailer, this is one of my biggest selling subwoofers and as such there is absolutely no incentive for me to discount it at all. If it sells so well at the current price then why sell it for less.

As a consumer, I appreciate you want the best deal you can get, I would suggest trying to get a good quality subwoofer cable thrown in with the deal.

Nimby

Crustyloafer said:
As a retailer, this is one of my biggest selling subwoofers and as such there is absolutely no incentive for me to discount it at all. If it sells so well at the current price then why sell it for less.
This is fascinating information! I had no idea the PV-1 was any more than a rather unique, niche product.

Would you care to share some of the reasons your customers give for their choice of what is quite an expensive product?

Is size everything? Appearance? Performance?

Why do you think it sells so well?

Anybody else, please feel free to share your thoughts.

Let's bring the snowball in from the cold and have a PV-1 admiration thread. It sounds as if it deserves it. :smashin:

paulst10

Distinguished Member
i was drawn to it by its size and style... the price didnt bother me at the time (although i got it for £850 brand new)

i was suprised at what something this small actually can do, producing extremely clean bass, down to around 25hz (in room). although it struggles to go both low & loud though

although, after time the bass turned out to be far too clean for my taste... especially with movies, so i took to a demo against the similar priced svs pb12+ and... nuff said... ;)

but, with music, this sub is the fastest sub i have ever heard... keeping up with everything you throw at it.

paul

Greggles

Nimby said:
Let's bring the snowball in from the cold and have a PV-1 admiration thread. It sounds as if it deserves it. :smashin:
I can't get enough of my PV1 - so I bought 2!
Ok they're expensive, but for their size, I haven't heard anything come close to their performance. As I said in a previous post, the only problem I've had with them was the placement of the second one - my dog took exception to it being placed on his favourate piece of carpet and rolled it out of the way!

B

Bench

At a thousand pounds the M&K MX7000 kills it dead.....sooooo much faster with great headroom. As soon as we put the PV1 on the soundstage collapsed!

DM 73

Thanks for all the post on this its given me louds to think about:smashin:

D

dwain100

Bench said:
At a thousand pounds the M&K MX7000 kills it dead.....sooooo much faster with great headroom. As soon as we put the PV1 on the soundstage collapsed!
I like your point that subs can affect soundstage - by giving an airiness and lifting the music almost? Thats what I got. Sub sonics are vitally important for picking up keys in music, nice point.
PV1 is cool and works well though, I dont want to hear the sub (untill i switch it off;)) and has to keep up with the music, if the PV1 is a little light.

Status
Not open for further replies.