Buying a 75 inch TV - Choosing b/w X90J, X900H, Frame TV (LS03A) - open to alternatives

m0ney

Novice Member
Looking at what people's opinions are here. I am debating between these three models. Canadian pricing btw. Thoughts? Recommendations on alternatives appreciated as well.
Thanks in advance for the help!

XR75X90J::
2,799.99 (until tomorrow - Aug 19)
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/so ... k/15428250

XBR75X900H:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/so ... h/14547436

Frame TV 75 QN75LS03AAFXZC:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sa ... 1/15337620

I'm leaning towards the 900H but for$ 300 more is the new X90J better value?
Mind you I haven't bought a new TV for ages so they all look amazing to me now. I added the Frame because I kinda always liked it form factor and wanted some opinions on how it compares to the Sonys

Dodgexander

X90J makes quite a few improvements over the X900H so may be worth it, problem is this time of year its overpriced.

What about last years X950H? All of these TVs fall short of 1000 nits HDR, which is really the baseline for any kind of future proofing with a TV nowadays.

Are you a gamer?

m0ney

Novice Member
X90J makes quite a few improvements over the X900H so may be worth it, problem is this time of year its overpriced.

What about last years X950H? All of these TVs fall short of 1000 nits HDR, which is really the baseline for any kind of future proofing with a TV nowadays.

Are you a gamer?
Thanks for the reply! I'm leaving the possibility open as I can't get my hands on a Ps5 here, keep missing out on stock. Can't find any new in box X950H stock here either

Dodgexander

Consider that you really need to be looking at TVs the tier up for modern usage, its down to HDR:

Sony X90J is by far the best from your list, doesn't quite make the high nits requirment, so will be duller compared to more expensive LCD TVs.

For example, the TCL 6 series would be better with HDR at 75". Even Vizio P series and especially the P series Quantum X.

m0ney

Novice Member
Consider that you really need to be looking at TVs the tier up for modern usage, its down to HDR:

Sony X90J is by far the best from your list, doesn't quite make the high nits requirment, so will be duller compared to more expensive LCD TVs.

For example, the TCL 6 series would be better with HDR at 75". Even Vizio P series and especially the P series Quantum X.
Ok, I read a bit about options with TCL and Hisense. TBH, just my stubbornness even though they may be better TVs, I always wanted to go with a Sony or Samsung. I've had the same Sharp Aquos now-FAT panel from over 10 years ago. It gave me a lot of life, so like I said its been long overdue upgrade.

To your point. I may consider going a little smaller for an OLED or higher tier LED but I tend to prioritize size for the space in our new home's living room. The OLEDs are a little too pricey for my taste over 65 inches. Trying to stay in the same price range as the 3 options I originally posted (Sub 3000 CAD)

Dodgexander

Samsung Q90T, like the X950H was their 4k flagship last year. 2021 TVs tend to be overpriced having just been released. If you can help not buying right now, it would be good to wait for black friday, especially if you're only buying Japanese/Korean.

Larger up you go the more OLEDs cost compared to LCD TVs.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom