• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Answered Buying a 4K Bluray Player....

bapodra

Hi all,

Right, I am looking for a new 4K Bluray Player and struggling to find one that meets my requirement. Some of the manufactures don't actually provide proper technical details... it seems a lot of marketing crap.

Requirements:
  • Fast loading 4K Bluray player, my current outdated Sony is really slow.
  • Supports all the latest sound formats: Atmos, DTS/X etc - Question; does the player need to support this or will my Denon X2500H be ok to decode?
  • Support for Dolby Vision and HDR/HDR10
  • Budget - £200-300

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
No player decodes Atmos/DTS-X. All done in the receiver.
Sony X700, Panasonic UB820/UB450, LG UBK90 are all in your price range and all do DV.

bapodra

thank you for the information.

I think both of these are good for me - Panasonic UB820 / UB450

Hi all,

Right, I am looking for a new 4K Bluray Player and struggling to find one that meets my requirement. Some of the manufactures don't actually provide proper technical details... it seems a lot of marketing crap.

Requirements:
  • Fast loading 4K Bluray player, my current outdated Sony is really slow.
  • Supports all the latest sound formats: Atmos, DTS/X etc - Question; does the player need to support this or will my Denon X2500H be ok to decode?
  • Support for Dolby Vision and HDR/HDR10
  • Budget - £200-300

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom