Buying a 36" wide CRT ???

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by jackal2513, Jul 22, 2002.

1. jackal2513

jackal2513

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am new to all this and am looking at 36" tv's - hope you can help me. I have ruled out the sony KV36FS70S cos its too big and heavy. Discounted the phillips 36PW9607C (with pixel plus) cos i dont like the look of it. Always liked the 36" Toshiba picture frame TV but it seems old in the tooth now with the launch of these new Strata models. (did the 36ZP18P have lots of reliability problems ?)

My questions are: are the 36ZT29 & 36ZD the cutting edge of 36" tv's ? They certainly seemed to get talked about a lot. And also what is the difference bewteen the two of them. I am not sure of the ZT's spec.. what is IDTV and Digital Terrestrial (DVB-OFDM) - is there anything else special about this ZT or maybe the cheaper ZD would be enough for my wishes.

would appreciate any feedback & guidance

regards

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jackal

The main differences between the Tosh ZT's and ZD's are the integrated Dolby Digital surround system and the 18 free to view integrated digital channels on the ZT's (obviously targeted at customers who don't have digital TV or a separate surround sound system and/or who want an integrated 'one box' home cinema set-up) and the ZD's that are straight 'no frills' Nicam sets that have all the necessary inputs for separate digital set top boxes and surround sound systems. From what I can tell there is about a £300 - £400 difference between the corresponding ZT and ZD models, so you just have to decide which model fits your needs!

The full specs can be viewed at www.toshiba.co.uk, the ZT's are in the Home Cinema TV section and the ZD's in the Nicam TV section.

Happy Hunting!

AJ

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0