1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a 32pf9976. Will I regret?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by pisfin, Feb 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. pisfin

pisfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm about to buy a Philips 32PF9976, but I still have some questions about the tv compared to the 32PF9986:

The 9986 handles poor signals a little bit better because of PP2 instead of PP1, but how much is the improvement? And when I will watch good signals as from a DVD, will the picture quality then be equal between the two tv's, because you turn off the PP to get a more natural look?

The other differences as far as I can see, is the Ambilight, which is a nice feature, but I can live without it and the possibility of PIP, which doesn't matter for me either. Are there more differences? And I'm a little worried with the 9986, because it seems like a gamble when you buy one because of humming and old version. So please help, so I can decide whether to buy the tv today or if I should wait a while.

2. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The color on the 9986 is much better.
    Go to a shop where they are both on display, and judge for yourself if it is worth the extra money.

Of course when you wait a while you can buy a 9986 for what a 9976 costs today. How long you have to wait, I can't predict.