Question Buying 43in Samsung - doubts FHD/UHD

vrba

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

can anyone help me on deciding in choosing better TV of the two below

UE43M5672AUXXH - 43" Full HD Smart TV M5600 Serija 5 | Samsung Hrvatska

UE43MU6172UXXH - 43" 4K UHD Smart TV MU6100 Serija 6 | Samsung Hrvatska

One if top and and listed on Samsung as new FHD and other is entry level UHD. Both are 2017 models.

I'm confused cause the price is the same. Even this FHD is more expensive but on a current deal they are almost the same, maybe 15€ FHD more than UHD.

Main difference that I see is that FHD is 800 PQI and UHD is 1300 PQI. And FHD has Samsung connect and Smart View and UHD listed as not. FHD is maybe a bit better looking TV as it is a bit slimmer.

As i'm not watching 4K video and TV is for bedroom need some advice in which direction to go cause my old Philips died and i'm in need of replacement. It will be mainly for watching land signal (SD) and for 1080 movies.

Any comment is welcome to help me decide as price is not helping.

Thx

Pick whichever of the two you feel has the better looking picture.

No info on either TV yet, not sure they are the best choices at that size. Only obvious thing is the MU being an UHD TV will likely look worse with SD tv material compared to a FHD model.

PQI is some cryptic samsung calculation, who knows what it stands for and how do we know more PQI is better if they don't explain what it is for? Its trickery if you ask me.

No other choices at that kind of Size?
Panasonic 40DX700, 40DX600, Sony XD80xx may still be found at better prices. The 40KU600 and 40KU6400 Samsung we know use better panels. Even the 40MU6100 has known to have a good panel unlike the 43" version.

FHD TVs that are good at 40 likely Samsung K5500(don't know yet with M5500), K5600, K6300. Sony WD650 is a good bet...most 2017 Sony's seem to be using worse panel types.

Very little info on smaller tv's nowadays so its hard to help you sorry.

Thx, went for FHD. Satisfied for now. Big step forward from not smart tv 37pfl7603d/10 that is done serving me.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom