1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying 24" CRT probably, need help!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by davidcotton, Dec 25, 2004.

1. davidcotton

davidcotton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi

In the next few weeks I'm thinking about upgrading my standard 8 year old 4:9 tv to something just a tad newer.

At the moment its a Panasonic 21". I'd like to switch to widescreen if possible. However I have very limited space and can just about fit a 24" widescreen in the space available (I have a 3 metre square bedroom. Is it really worth spending the cash going from 21" to 24"? I would be using Sky Plus as the main viewing source along with a hundred quid jobby pioneer dvd player. Is there anything I need to look out for in particular?

The only other thing is there don't seem to be that many 24" inch crts around. I can find one from Panasonic (which just seems to be a wider version of the one I currently own), and the sony one which unfortunatly is about 5 inches to deep (told you space was tight!), Would I be better off going for something like the £600 LCD tv from Richers? If so are there any draw backs in using LCDs in a small bedroom like mine?

Cheers for any advice.

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    If you can get hold of one, try the philips 24pww6006 excellent quality approx £400.

3. garygfx

garygfx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I'm keen to buy the Toshiba 24Z33 which has the smallest footprint of all 24" TVs (frame around the screen is quite narrow which looks nice and modern). It has 2 SCARTs and takes RGB and S-Video through one of the SCARTs and the picture is excellent. The cheapest price I've seen is £260 which is a perfect bargain. This is to replace my 8 year old 4:3 Mitsubishi.

Only problem is some folks reported problems with this model earlier in 2004 so I've called Toshiba and asked them to check if these issues have been fixed. I'm calling them back in a couple of weeks (after the festivities) to see what their answer is. I'm hoping they have good news because I love the 32" Toshiba we have in our lounge.