Buyer Advice for A Newbie

CraftyFish

Novice Member
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this to get to the point, I'm looking for some help with buying the right projector.

I need a projector that will be no bigger than 28cm wide, fairly quiet and can be used in rooms that have some natural light, maybe >1500 Lumens? All this for less than £500 if it's possible?

Any advice would be incredible and apologies if I've missed any rules of posting.

Many Thanks

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Having check a few oldish LCD projectors which is where expected to feel a projector within your constraints has proved a little difficult. Most are wider than 300mm including small projectors like the Panasonic PT-AX200 which compared to today's models are very narrow.

The one projector I can find is the Themescene HD65 after this you are really looking at none home cinema projectors. I feel you will either have to look in the data arena or re-think where you are able to place the projector.

Do remember that you need to think about placement, lens shift if available and what you are visually expecting for the money. £500 will by you a reasonable second hand projector, but your size dimensions are the biggest restriction which means you will ultimately be short changing yourself

I also think this is why no-one has replied :)

IWC Dopplel

Probably worth saying what you’re intended use is. IMO all projectors in ambient light will be disappointing. 1500 lumens won’t cut it with ambient light

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom