1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy your cables from these guys

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by RyanK, Oct 10, 2005.

1. RyanK

RyanK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    This morning i placed my 1st order with futureshop.co.uk for £150 worth of cables. I selected the free delivery option and received an e-mail at 16.30 to say it had been shipped.

Imagine my surprise when they were delivered sameday by hand at 17.30!!!!

Apparently i live close to one of their depots and the guy reconised my address and popped it round.

What can i say aprt from bloody excellent service.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I have had a look at their website and regret that I cannot recommend that anyone deals with a company that doesn't publish their address on their website.

According to Nominet the owner of the domain doesn't wish his address to be published and as only non commercial domains are allowed to withold their address I would suggest that in the circumstances it would be wise to trade with companies that don't have anything to hide.

3. RyanK

RyanK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Fair point. I was a bit concerned about that too, however some times you have to take a chance.

However i can only report on my experience with them the fact that a third party (Protx) takes care of the credit card transaction means that they don`t get to see your CC details. Also when they reply to your e-mail within 15 minutes on a sunday is also good.

Their address and VAT No is printed on the invoice.

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I have checked with Trading Standards and according to Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 (E Commerce Regs) every E Commerce website must contain full company details - name, a UK geographic address and an e-mail address.

Any company that trades outside the law should be treated with great caution.

5. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Why would I want to do that when buying products for me with my own money? :confused:

6. RyanK

RyanK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    i sent them an e-mail thanking them for their great service and this is their reply.

Hi Ryan,

Many thanks for your feedback. We have taken note of the comments made by the forum members in response to your feedback. The futureshop.co.uk website now shows the registered company address in the footer as well as under the 'Contact us' page.

I hope this will now alleviate any fears or concerns visitors may have.

Once again many thanks for your kind comments in your feedback.

Regards

Karen