1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy your AV - forum sponsor - poor service

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by KW1816, Jun 21, 2005.

1. KW1816

KW1816

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    So today it finally ended - I cancelled my Panny PV500 order and asked for a refund on my credit card, so what happened I hear you ask - read on.....

First of all I'd like to make a couple of points, this isn't intended to be a slagging match, just a statement of fact that may help other readers make an informed decision on where to buy.

Because it involves a forum sponsor, I'd welcome any input they may have.

Let me take you back to the end of May (the 26th to be exact) when excitement on the Avforums was growing at the impending arrival of the eagerly awaited Panasonic TH-42PV500. Lots of places were advertising good prices and I knew that stock would be low, so I emailed BuyyourAV to check on there stock - this is the response I got ....

That's Monday the 30th May to Wed 1st June BTW :rolleyes:

I normally have a rule of never buying anything online unless they have stock available so I took the above to mean that they had stock available.

So my wife rings up, checks the stock situation and places the order, paying by credit card. Buyyourav take full payment and advise ringing on Monday to arrange delivery date.

Monday the 30th May arrives and we call them - yes we have the Plasmas but no wall brackets - they should be in on Wednesday, call back then.

Wednesday the 1st June - Call again, speak to a different person - No wall brackets and they weren't expecting any. No plasma's either :eek: Call again on Monday when we definitely have them coming in.

Monday 6th June - No plasma's - delayed until Friday - call again ..

To cut a long story short, the same pattern has been repeated over and over again for the past 4 weeks :eek: :eek: including the famous 'I'm too busy to talk to her - I'm doing the website' thanks John - customer service at it's best !

So up to today, another promise of a 'definite' delivery this week (today is last weeks definite date) - so no more, cancel order and a full refund please. Any apology ? NO, just ' You won't get one from anywhere else' and 'would you be interested in another Plasma' - errrr No thanks :rolleyes:

Moral of the story - when a high demand item is launched, choose a reputable retailer with good customer service and a decent stock allocation system, and one who does NOT take full payment before dispatch.

I'd also make the point that we always had to ring them - we didn't receice a single call, even when promised.

Comments (especially from buyyourav) welcome.

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi
    Iam in a similar situation as you ive been after a 42"pv500 pedestal since 20 may cancelled with avsales due to better price and supposedley quicker delivery from panasonic still waiting was told by shop@panasonic plasma should definitley be in on the 17 june had to ring myself to be told no they hadnt arrived would be either next weds or friday(22nd-24th) have now given up and excepted it will arrive sometime this year :rolleyes: ,panasonic have only took £500 deposit though.
    Cheers Gonzo.

3. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    crampton and moore in sheffield have them in stock as far as i know :D

just had a look and their site shows 3no in stock

hope this helps :thumbsup:

4. daveydw

daveydw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    i ordered mine on friday from total digital for £2235 with cab and delivery it arrived on saturday afternoon all the way from birmingham to newcastle and its a full uk model with freeview

5. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Hi,

I ordered mine from AV-Sales on 12th May - so far they have been having difficulty in obtaining stock like many other internet retailers (this is going to change next week!). However they have kept me informed of what is happening over the last couple of weeks. They have not charged my credit card yet and won't until they dispatch the goods.

I think that you should speak to your credit card company. I was previously charged by a non-AV-type company for goods that they did not have in stock (and ended up chasing after weeks and weeks of non-delivery), and I when I spoke to the credit card company they went ballistic.

They stated that this practise is frowned upon, and that they (the credit card company), can actually withdraw their facilities due to this.

It appears that the high-street retailers have been putting Panny under pressure to provide them with stock before the internet retailers, who generally end up undercutting their prices.

That and the fact that Panny have severely under estimated the demand for the PV500 range, have caused many of us to play the waiting game for far too long now.

If I don't get confirmation of a delivery date next week, I think I may end up cancelling my order, and look for an alternative (although I've had my heart set on the 42PV500 for months now!).

Come on Panny - get your act together!

6. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    JL have not been able to get many in stock either.

I have to say some of the smaller independents have been able to source these sets and TBH have been right upto scratch with customer service :smashin:

7. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    I've been dealing with buyyourav and I've found they service and information absolutely spot on. They explained there is a general problem with the panasonic wall mounts not being available and wouldn't really advocate the use of a 3rd party wall mount given the configuration of the panasonic screen. They even offered the number for panasonic so panasonic could explain directly - I did decline this offer.

I didn't give over the full amount but £500, they offered to reduce this given the problems with stock to £100.

In the end, I have ordered the pio 435xde (I have seen a demo of this - but not the pv500, but given the rave response on here I guess the pv500 is ok). I wanted to order a 868 dvd player but they explained stock again was issue country wide, and then stated that when new stock arrived it would probably be a lot cheaper!

All in all very good service, very down to earth people and I've enjoyed dealing with them. Hopefully the delivery should be as promised - I've no reason to suspect it won't.

From my point of view a big thumbs up.

BYTW a local dealer has plently of stock (selling at full RRP), but again no wall mounts.

8. gran_duque

gran_duque

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I read your initial posting I started to panic. It is almost identical to what is happening to me!!

Ordered a Pioneer PDP 506XDE from them, the site said it was in stock and Kelkoo is still saying they have it stock.

I'm now four weeks in and like you I'm getting the same fiction. We're waiting for a delivery next Friday, next Monday, next Tuesday, waiting to speak to the Pioneer rep, etc etc etc.

Individuals promise to ring back with updates and never do. I live about 10 miles from their office so I'm contemplating going round.

I thought they were reputable as they are really Ron Leigh AV and listed under that name on the Pioneer web site as authorised dealers.

I've only paid a deposit, did you get your money back without issue?