Buy xbox elite from the U.S.?

m11rphy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi im thinkin of g a 360 elie from the us wondering if there is any compatibilty problems with the power suply and also if games are region free lise the ps3 which i imported from the us

i am interested in this too

Afraid its the complete opposite of the PS3 as you will need a stepdown converter to power it and it is region locked to the US so only US and region free games will work.

Would it not work if you stuffed the power plug from your UK XBOX360 PSU into the Elite?

That's my plan :)

Would it not work if you stuffed the power plug from your UK XBOX360 PSU into the Elite?

That's my plan :)

Yes I believe that will work but you will still be stuck with US or Region Free games.

Considering the size of the 'brick' I assume that it does all the power business in that brick. I would love MS to release something that is slightly smaller which produces less heat.

Yes I believe that will work but you will still be stuck with US or Region Free games.

Not a bad situation to be in I guess if you're already a regular user of playasia, most of the US region games are £30 delivered or less using coupons which you get with each order.

I know if ever I had to replace my 360 I'd go for a US console next time around, of course I hope I never have to though:)

..............of course I hope I never have to though:)
arr...those be the words of doom i tell thee..doom....
slightly off topic,hows jetpac coming along..if ya want a multi game,just add me k:hiya:

Lol from reading the thread title I thought it was a company asking us to buy it from them.

Theres nothing about the elite which warrants an import that outweighs the loss of a warranty, ill wait for the uk release

Hi,

I am also interested in importing one of these consoles as I don't currently own a 360 and think it would be a good opportunity to make use of the favorable exchange rate. Can anyone recommend a retailer to import one from ?

Thanks.

once you add tax vat customs charges it's not really cheap and not having a warranty is a very big issue

i plan to grab one of these. i get all my agmes online so it wouldnt be a problem for me,

my only concern is can we use a uk accoutn on a usa system:confused:

i plan to grab one of these. i get all my agmes online so it wouldnt be a problem for me,

my only concern is can we use a uk accoutn on a usa system:confused:

I dont see why not.

I'm running a UK account on a JAP 360 so dont see why it should be any different from the US

Oh & the UK Power Brick will work just fine on US or JAP machines thus eliminating any stepdown needs.

Neil

Elite power brick connector is rumoured to have changed tho (not confirmed)?

IMo its not worh buying at all unless your desprate for HDMI1.2

Isn't the only benefit of HDMI 1.3 the surround audio tracks?

If HDMI 1.3 improves the visual output of the Xbox 360 more so than 1.2 then I can understand the complaints, still for HD-DVD 360 owners then I can understand that too in regard to the HD audio tracks... I myself wold be happy with the new DTS audio option and hopefully the audio fix for the HD-DVD as it sounds **** poor.

Isn't the only benefit of HDMI 1.3 the surround audio tracks?

If HDMI 1.3 improves the visual output of the Xbox 360 more so than 1.2 then I can understand the complaints, still for HD-DVD 360 owners then I can understand that too in regard to the HD audio tracks... I myself wold be happy with the new DTS audio option and hopefully the audio fix for the HD-DVD as it sounds **** poor.

HDMI has more bandwidth for deeper colours & the hidef sound.

But there arnt any TV's that have HDMI1.3 or even technicaly up to displaying the colours..

But the only way (apart from the also missing full analog) to get the audio is HDMI 1.3.

There is no reason to go for HDMI1.2 over VGA, it offers no improvement - yet dumps on you content protection to restrict your rights.

hdmi 1.3...who cares..not yet anyway..
they should have fixed the audio problems on the 360 hddvd a long time ago.
as for tvs,not having hdmi 1.3,the new samsungs have them,but i dont think the panels can do the colours though.

Just curious to know if anyone here at AVF has pre-ordered a US Elite... or whether or not they are just waiting for the UK release?

There is no reason to go for HDMI1.2 over VGA, it offers no improvement - yet dumps on you content protection to restrict your rights.
Loads of reasons for me. The VGA has inteference (on 3 separate 360s in different circumstances) in the form of horizontal ripples on blocks of colour, blacks aren't true on VGA and I can only get 1080p, liek a lot of people, via HDMI.

Loads of reasons for me. The VGA has inteference (on 3 separate 360s in different circumstances) in the form of horizontal ripples on blocks of colour, blacks aren't true on VGA and I can only get 1080p, liek a lot of people, via HDMI.

I use VGA and agree about the blacks though it has been said by MS that they are improving the VGA colours in the upcoming update, hopefully this is significant enough.

Do you have a native 1080p HDTV though? If yes, then fair enough.
My TV's native res is 1366x768 and my TV will accept 1080p over HDMI only, but this will only be downscaled anyway for me.

Just curious to know if anyone here at AVF has pre-ordered a US Elite... or whether or not they are just waiting for the UK release?

i was gonna but i think i've left it to long and its no longer on videogame+ website i have seen it of yes asia but its about $100 more

soundwave

do u know of anyone who has a us 360 running on a uk psu brick? I foolishly sold my 360 and got a crappy ps3 doh! so im now getting rid of my ps3 n plan to import a 360 elite as hdmi is just what ive been waiting for and also their not over priced on fleabay at present and import tax isn't that big a deal tbf :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom