• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Buy US PSN games direct from Amazon.com

Glasgow87

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I have a question concerning this topic.

I have a 40gb Phat UK PS3, on which I have only one PSN account - a UK one.

If I order a PSN game from amazon.com, will I be able to redeem the download code via my UK PSN account on my UK PS3? i.e. are PSN game download codes region locked?

I'd rather not buy from the PSN store directly, because you can't pay the exact listed price.

stu.artd

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I have a question concerning this topic.

I have a 40gb Phat UK PS3, on which I have only one PSN account - a UK one.

If I order a PSN game from amazon.com, will I be able to redeem the download code via my UK PSN account on my UK PS3? i.e. are PSN game download codes region locked?

I'd rather not buy from the PSN store directly, because you can't pay the exact listed price.

No, PSN stores are kept separate so your UK account won't be able to access the US store and the code won't work in the UK PSN store.
You'd have to add a new account on your PS3 and set it up with a US address for the US PSN.

SteveG

Tried but it doesn't work. It asks for your credit card details (even though I have it stored on Amazon) and wants a US billing address. Don't think the bank will be too happy if I put 90210 :D

formid1122

Standard Member
Please provide me details how to buy from eBay! Also provide me any links if available.

Thanks in advance

smile.gif

Last edited:

stu.artd

Just search for a US PSN card, following payment they may e-mail the code to save you waiting on the card being delivered.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom