Buy or not?

No audiphile under the ago of 80 (probably even oldr) ever buys anything "for life"!

The whole point of this obsessive hobby is to continually improve parts of our systems as and when funds permit or technology makes what we currently listen to rather outdated. I've moved on from some far better stuff than that PMC speaker you mention to even better stuff. Hopefully I won't need to upgrade from where I am now - but I know I will despite my age! We we are never too old to reassess the stuff we've been listening to for years without questioing whether it's still up to scratch.

Peter
... and then there's the positional adjustments, testing new ideas or solutions as living in square boxes makes our hobby very complicated.

Just noticed this past thread from March/April this year - under 'similar threads' below. Most definitely worth a read for owners of the CXN V2:

Just noticed this past thread from March/April this year - under 'similar threads' below. Most definitely worth a read for owners of the CXN V2:

Yes, duly noted! I’ll be very cautious, till the next time too many beers are consumed . . .

I don't think the Cambridge CXN V2 is alone in occasionally behaving like this. I guess it's a potential issue when software-controlled source equipment is directly connected to power amplifiers or active speakers.

Should the stereo power amps and active speakers have a volume control for each channel, then the volume controls are best set to give the loudest volume you would normally use, rather than just set at maximum. To quote Khazul:
These are the reasons why I just cannot wean myself off having a something approximating a normal analog volume control stage somewhere in my chain. Too many software glitches coupled with a lack of fail safe software design over too many years.

Of course, not an issue if you continue to feed the CXN V2 through the integrated amp.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom