1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy Online

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by xfiles, Dec 21, 2004.

1. xfiles

xfiles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know where can i buy a screenplay 4805 in a United States web site, that ships it to europe?

The gap between the prices is huge.

Thanks.

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    There is a USA shop that sells on eBay with good feedback selling a 4805 for £869. Just type in 4805 in the search box.

3. theronster

theronster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    onlinedigitalshop is their name. I can recommend them as they are who I bought my 5700 off.

Excellent customer serive and good shipping times. The person I dealt with was called Malvika and they were very friendly and helpful.

Watch out for the currency conversion though. You will pay more than £869 due to a difference in www.xe.com 's rates and paypal's.

4. ROZ

ROZ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey xfiles,
    Did you go with the recommendation?

I've just registered on the forum to ask the same questions. I'm all set on an Infocus SP4805 but no one wants to drop the price below £1300 (although a couple through in extras). Thought we may have some post-Christmas sales, but I guess the What? recommendation keeps the prices up :suicide:

Prices on Infocus's own US website are $1300 which with current ForEx is about £700. Even with taxes and duties, there's a big gap.

Are the SP pjs a global standard (other than the power cable)?

5. ZippyCat

ZippyCat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Xfiles,

I thought you bought an MT200?

BTW. I have had to calibrate the image by eye. Still waiting for Play to deliver DVE.

Edit - Just spotted the date of the post causing confusion. For a moment then I thought you traded the MT200 for an SP4805. :oops:

6. xfiles

xfiles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ZippyCat if you notice the dates of the messages you see that my intention to
    buy the Infocus was before my purchase of the Toshiba. I am pleased with that.

I also bought a new house, so only in a few days I could test the MT200
    completely.

Anyway i´m asking you to give more thoughts concerning the projector and how
    you calibrate it.

About the Subject of the forum, I did not buy anything in the US, so I do not
    have any opinion about it.

Compliments

7. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    Buying a new house to test our your PJ, that's the sort of dedication we like to see on this forum! ;) ...PJ