Buy NTSC or PAL dvd's

d123456

Standard Member
Which should I buy? And this goes for anyone who has a multi region dvd player and a HDtv.
PAL has higher resolution. I can display any DVD at either 50 or 60 Frames per second. So is PAL always better? I bet most of you dvd enthousiasts only buy European dvd's because the resolution is higher, right?
I know about the 3-2 pulldown effect. Since I can display at 50 or 60 frames per second I am not bothered with it. If you want to witness the 3-2 puldown effect check out the intro in the dvd Cube 2: cubezone. First you get an the first intro then you get a scene of a girl who gets hurled up en then comes the dna type second intro. In this 2nd intro you have a white background with blue lines, check it for choppiness when displayed with 50 frames per second.
equipment Philips dvd player dvp5960 tv sony bravia rp lcd 50" 720P set.
So PAL or NTSC dvd's? Or do PAL dvd's have an upscaled image from the NTSC dvd? I wouldn't be surprised if it did. I hope that for a PAL release they take the original and downscale it to PAL format.
Did I post in the right section for this question.
please respond:)

signed,
an upcoming dvd enthousiast

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom