1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jtorry, Sep 1, 2005.

1. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have pretty much decided on the Toshiba 27WL56 which I can get for £600 or so and really want to get it now, but would like to know if there is anything in the same price bracket coming soon that I should wait for. I know the 58 series is coming which has more sockets, but will cost more. Anyone know of any imminent price cuts based on lower manufactuering costs? I know prices always drop, but I don't want to see the price plummet by £100 in a few weeks. I have seen the price go up for this set on several site such as play in recent weeks.

I have been put off the Samsung because of tearing and the other 26-27" sets with HDMI are more expensive so it was down to those two.

2. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just need someone to give me the go ahead :)

3. bledd

bledd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    There is always going to be a new set coming along, if you keep on waiting to see what is coming around the next corner then you will neaver get one. If the price is ok and it does what you need it to do then go for it. Once you've got it and your happy don't look to see what else is out there in 6 months time!!

Bledd