buy now or wait?

cjx

Ive been looking at getting a new laptop and seen the lonovo 730 13" as below.

I can get that for £829.99 with student discount but wondered if I should wait for black friday.

I want something with decent battery, good screen and hopefully can play a couple of games on low settings.

Any thoughts?

techquest

Wait for BF if your in no hurry.

But will look at the spec of that and see what else is about.

Are you only interested in 13" laptops?

cjx

Wait for BF if your in no hurry.

But will look at the spec of that and see what else is about.

Are you only interested in 13" laptops?

Really after a good screen with decent battery life which this one seems to tick both boxes. Doesnt neccessary have to be 13".

techquest

Yes I sorted that one from a list of others and not just because it's a Dell product.

Though I do have a Dell laptop that I would not trade for anything else and their service has been 1st class.

techquest

Haven't seen another one with the 15 hrs. The problem is there are many variants so it's difficult to know where to start.

What budget do you have and are you looking at a monthly payment type plan?

cjx

Really up to £700 to be honest, doesn't have to be on credit though. Ideally would like a 4k screen like the Lenovo 730 but not a deal breaker as I know they are going for £800ish.

techquest

I can get that for £829.99 with student discount but wondered if I should wait for black friday.
Slightly confused over your figure as the two figures in link are £699 incl and £849 incl.

So how much student discount do you get?
I assume you must be referring to £849 product?

cjx

I can Get the 4k one down to £829.00 with student beans. But as you said it's more than I want to spend. Will have a loom at the ones you've posted. Thanks for all the trouble you've gone to.