Buy now or wait till the sales???

lifelines

Standard Member
Hi
I'm a totally noobie when it comes to 3dtv's. I want to get a passive set and have read great things about the LG sets.
But i'm not sure if i should wait till the sales. Whats the best place to get one? Smart Tv or not?

Plus, what about playing 3d content from the usb ports, do any sets have problems?

laytonanthony

Standard Member
i no my samsung has never not failed ot play anything ive thrown at it. phllips and pannasonice arent very good for media playing but now maost blu ray players have build in media players and support everything. if you wait until the sales 9/10 they offer a free blu ray player. i got one with mine last xmas and i got used once to play the free bluray 3d film it came with. Shrek i think it was. it no just sits on the shelf collecting dust lol

laytonanthony

Standard Member
just to add a friend has got an LG and he had all my films of my hard drive and it only played 60% of them and my samsung plays them all. from my research id say samsung have the best support for media playback built in the tv!

Jason Shouler

Novice Member
just to add a friend has got an LG and he had all my films of my hard drive and it only played 60% of them and my samsung plays them all. from my research id say samsung have the best support for media playback built in the tv!
I'd say it's probaly true that Samsung provide the widest playback support but it really comes down to the source i.e. once you know a certain encoding works then it follows that all others will too if known to be the same.

I own 3 media players (LG, Panasonic & Samsung) and yet I've encountered files which only play on one of them.

laytonanthony

Standard Member
yeh 100% josh but im yet to have none that wont play on my sammy yet lol. and i have downloaded a hell of alot of films ;-) but your right you can always encode the file to whatever the tv supports. abit of hassle but its do-able!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom