1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy now or wait for new box?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Gadjet, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    As you can see from the title I am dying to buy new sky now sub has been taken away. Cant wait to hear DD with the films, but....

There is a new box coming out with component connections on as well as few other gadgets. Does anyone know when this is coming out. My main reason for waiting is the component connection to my pj hoping it will be better than s video now.

Am I right about component connection and new box or is the extras not worth waiting and probably paying £399 to the £199.

Please help,
    Phill

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Hi Phill

How's the HT1000? Guess that depends on what you think of the current Sky quality. I must assume the component outputs will make the picture look a little better but in my opinion most Sky channels are so heavily compressed I'mnot really sure the benefit will show through that well.

I'm using S-Video out of my current Sky+ into my amp (with upconvert feature) and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference from a DVD with most of the films. The quality is pretty amazing and having seen it would not pay double the money for component out. If it has a bigger HDD as well then maybe worth it bt not otherwise IMHO.

HTH.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I dont think component for Sky will give you a better picture than RGB usefull for video switching with an amp with component input going to a plasma or PJ.