Question Buy now, or wait? (55 inches)

richardrichard

Active Member
Having just cancelled an impulse-black-friday-purchase Samsung 55JU6800 (checked it out in Currys, stand is pathetic and dangerous with a toddler running around), I am stuck with the upgrade bug and tossing up between the LG 55UF770V and the Panasonic 55CX680B - both around £800.

I'm wondering, is it worth buying now or wait until after xmas / CES? I don't follow TV's (current is a 5yo Samsung 40" LCD) so I'm not sure of the market cycles. Are things likely to drop further after CES, or will they simply retire the existing stock and start selling the new stuff at a higher price. I note that everything in my bracket was around £1500 six or so months ago, is it likely to drop any further? I would be annoyed if I bought an £800 TV now, and found I could pick up an OLED south of £1k in 2 months time.
 

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom