1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy Multi-Disk DVD Player/Changer

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Alano999, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Alano999

Alano999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

Can anyone recommend where I can buy a new 300 or 400-disk DVD player such as the Sony DVP-CX985V and DVP-CX777ES, for use in the UK?

I've spent 10 hours unsuccessfully searching the internet to find one in the UK, and am now contemplating buying direct from the US and using a voltage transformer and hoping that the NTSC output will driver my projector (also worried about disk region). Anyone got any suggestions?

I'm new to these forums, so hope this message is posted to the correct forum.

I look forward to receiving a reply.

Alan

2. Mickey Mouse

Mickey Mouse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Alan

I know the dilemma well! I have got the Sony 200 disc player and filled it up very quickly :blush: I therefore needed a changer with larger capacity.

The two Sony's that you mention will only play region 1 discs and output as NTSC. You could use a voltage transformer but that won't change the fact that it will only acept R1 discs.

I eventually found the Kenwood 401 disc changer on an auction site and got a super bargain :thumbsup: It's a great player but the menu system is not as good as my original Sony one.

As I've nearly filled up the Kenwood I may have to blow the dust off my Sony and connect it in tandem!!

Not really much of an answer for you but there are still a few of the Kenwoods about if you look long and hard.

Mickey Mouse :hiya:

3. pizzacheaze

pizzacheaze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a DVP-CX985V and its ace!! its R1 only though (no pal circuit) and can hold 400 disks which is well enough for my R1 collection.

I bought one as we have gone for the minimilist look front room (no wires or hifi, just a plasma and a sofa)

All my av gear had been put in the downstairs toliet cupboard, and I use a pronto rf controller to select dvds etc. Its great for my kids too as they dont touch any disks as they get R1's too!!!

4. daren jackson

daren jackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem. In the end I decided to put together a PC with lots of disk space (2TB) to hold a copy of all my DVD's. This has the added advantage of protecting the disks. The sleeve jacket and info are copied onto the computer and linked to the copied dvd. Now from any LCD/Plasma screen in the house (all linked to PC's networked together) or using a Pronto Pro the kids can access the films they want (password locked on the ones they cant access!).