Buy from Richersounds or Sony centre?

ff82003

Novice Member
Hi guys, I'm ready to make a purchase for the Sony KD65XH9005 and I'm wondering if its better to buy directly from Sony Centre or from RS? Which one offer better guarantee service if TV goes wrong?

CaroleBaskin

Richer sounds will price match within 7 days of purchase, they offer a 6 year guarantee... Only issue I have with RS is they have more recently stopped warranty transfers on their sales which you may find a factor if you're selling the TV before the guarantee ends.

ff82003

Novice Member
Richersounds actually dont have any stock for the XH9005 and I'm not sure when they will be back in stock either.

However Sony Centre does still have stock for the XH9005 in the form of XH9296 which has an adjustable stand.

vickster

Distinguished Member

Stein67

Richer Sounds are brilliant to deal with.

joysleep1

I'm also in a predicament. I plan to buy the 85 inch version and both are selling for the same price. I have never purchased from either of these retailers so its a completely new experience for me.

LCDseeker

I'm also in a predicament. I plan to buy the 85 inch version and both are selling for the same price. I have never purchased from either of these retailers so its a completely new experience for me.
Richer sounds... without a doubt. Not that there is anything wrong with the Sony Centre but always Richer Sounds, just can't fault them.

joysleep1

Richer sounds... without a doubt. Not that there is anything wrong with the Sony Centre but always Richer Sounds, just can't fault them.
Oh sorry when I meant both are selling at the same price I meant richer sounds and John Lewis. Will definitely not buy from Sony centre.

Granted richer sounds give you an extra year warranty but John Lewis has a few perks such as interest free payment for 24 months plus accidental cover. I domt plan on selling this TV so the warranty transfer isn't really a big deal for me.

LCDseeker

Oh sorry when I meant both are selling at the same price I meant richer sounds and John Lewis. Will definitely not buy from Sony centre.

Granted richer sounds give you an extra year warranty but John Lewis has a few perks such as interest free payment for 24 months plus accidental cover. I domt plan on selling this TV so the warranty transfer isn't really a big deal for me.
Don't you have to pay extra for the accidental cover with JL? I just get it on our house insurance and only adds about £30 to the policy. The 24 months is great, RS do 10 months which is decent just a £29 admin fee. Ive had 4 televisions replaced under warranty in the last 4 years so I think the 6 years is great for peace of mind.

joysleep1

Don't you have to pay extra for the accidental cover with JL? I just get it on our house insurance and only adds about £30 to the policy. The 24 months is great, RS do 10 months which is decent just a £29 admin fee. Ive had 4 televisions replaced under warranty in the last 4 years so I think the 6 years is great for peace of mind.
Wow OK that seems positive. Yh you have to pay extra for accidental cover. Will look at the insurance thing.

joysleep1

How do you pay for your home insurance that includes accidental damage?
Monthly or yearly?

LCDseeker

How do you pay for your home insurance that includes accidental damage?
Monthly or yearly?
I just add it on yearly, hardly adds anything, some even include it free of charge. You can add pay monthly or add it retrospectively. There was a thread a few weeks back with a new Samsung 75/85" owner who's kids had popped the screen, and no accidental cover....gutted wouldn't be the word!!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews

Trending threads

Top Bottom