Buy current gen gfx or hold off?

enigmatic

Ex Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of upgrading my gfx card to a gtx 680

I have a habit of upgrading stuff and a month down the line it becomes cheaper or a better card is available.

any ideas what to do?

I have £350 budget for a new card... Most ive ever spent on one so I want it to be right!

Will be playing mostly FPS games and BF4 when it does drop later this year.

cheers

Your not likely to see the 7 series until the last quarter, just in time for BF4 so unless you need the extra grunt now, i'd wait.

Your not likely to see the 7 series until the last quarter, just in time for BF4 so unless you need the extra grunt now, i'd wait.

ahhh I knew that would be the case. No I don't need anything special now as my 460 is holding out for now.

I don't fancy paying some of those ridiculous prices that ive seen of the titan.

cheers for the advice I'll keep watching I guess :thumbsup:

No worries mate, you may even get a decent deal for a GTX 680 FTW edition at the end of the year, just check to see what the performance margins are before you jump to the 7 series.

I agree, the Titan is a good card, just not the right price :smashin:

No worries mate, you may even get a decent deal for a GTX 680 FTW edition at the end of the year, just check to see what the performance margins are before you jump to the 7 series.

I agree, the Titan is a good card, just not the right price :smashin:

Yeah ive seen some of the benchmarks - however im a little out of the game now as I've only just started pc gaming since sept and a lot has changed infact I was bemused as to why my gfx card wouldn't power up until I realised i had to plug in the 6pin :D

back in the day it was molex or none at all.

I'll keep checking reviews and will have to decide when BF4 comes in oct

keep your eye out on the pc gaming section here, stays relatively up to date and most members have a broad range of kit so benchmark to help one another out in the buying process :smashin:

If you do buy now take a serious look at the 7950 at the moment it comes with two games overclocks like a dream and is cheaper than a 680. its probably the bang for buck card when your considering high end gpu's.

7970 is the best bang for buck GPU at the moment, £300+ for a card that can beat a £400 680. Bought mine for £410, same price as a midrange GTX 680 and nothing any of my GTX friends have aside from multi GPU configs can come close to it, even at the stock clock.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom