1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy a PW7.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Artie Fufkin, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Go on. If you haven't already taken the plasma plunge, do it.

After months of thinking, reviewing, asking and demo-ing I bought the 42" PW7 and it's awesome. :clap:

It has a picture which, while smaller than my old 48" CRTRPTV, is better in every way. It has none of the bad points which can be seen on most cheap and/or poorly demo-ed plasmas. There are no jaggies, smearing or blocks. Truly it is in a different league from any plasma I have seen with SD material and even switched off, it's so slick looking. [Yes, this is a dig at PV owners :hiya: ]

Mine's connected by component from the DVDR with freeview passing through as I'm waiting for the JS RGB/VGA to be delivered. This gives a slightly soft picture to freeview but DVD is excellent.

The only negative is what was putting me off buying plasma for so long - the screen reflections. I guess we'll get used to it - at night it's not a problem anyway.

I'll post a pic once I'm finished painting the walls. :smashin:

2. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Yep but only if u get the black model it gives the picture more depth and blacks look better.