Button layout

Hubba-EX

I just out, (apparently it was in Advanced Warfare as well), there is a button layout option called "stick and move" and "bumper jumper". This lets you boost/jump without taking your thumb off the aim by using R3 or L1/L2.

Every time I got killed by a player who was jumping and pin point aiming at me I was cursing Scuff, but really, its just a case of changing the button layout and getting used to it.

Det

Distinguished Member
I just out, (apparently it was in Advanced Warfare as well), there is a button layout option called "stick and move" and "bumper jumper". This lets you boost/jump without taking your thumb off the aim by using R3 or L1/L2.

Every time I got killed by a player who was jumping and pin point aiming at me I was cursing Scuff, but really, its just a case of changing the button layout and getting used to it.
This is where I wish I could use the XB1 pad with the PS4. I would go bumper jumper in a heartbeat! But the DS4 is not conducive to Bumper Jumper imo. It's just so awkward. So I am just sticking with Tactical since I rarely ever think I need to mash the knife button but rather I always want to crouch while shooting. So tactical was the natural choice for me. Also, the sprint run kneel slide is epic in getting and avoiding kills and deaths. So I use it all the flippin time.

I need to look into the "Stick and Move" because I don't know what changes that does.

NightHawk

Cba to change button settings now tbh.

Also I don't encounter many players that jump strafe so will leave it as default.

sevenxl77

Yep been using L1 to jump, just wish you could switch it to R1 as a little uncomfortable for me in that side.

Det

Distinguished Member
Sorry, I should have said, there is also an option of "Bumper Jumper Tactical" - which is the one I use. R3 is crouch/slide and L1 or L2 for jump.
How do you hold the controller?

I do the 1 finger on the triggers and find Bumper Jumper on the DS4 nearly impossible to do while still maintaining control over ADS. I suppose I could train myself to use both fingers on both triggers. I just wish it were a little more like the XB1 pad because I can press the bumper with the inside of my trigger finger rather than feel like I have to take it off the trigger and press the bumper button.

sevenxl77

How do you hold the controller?

I do the 1 finger on the triggers and find Bumper Jumper on the DS4 nearly impossible to do while still maintaining control over ADS. I suppose I could train myself to use both fingers on both triggers. I just wish it were a little more like the XB1 pad because I can press the bumper with the inside of my trigger finger rather than feel like I have to take it off the trigger and press the bumper button.
I was the same with 1 finger on each trigger to start. Its hell at first using 2 fingers but you will get the hang of it and the benefits of being able to jump about whilst aiming/moving make it worth while.

You could always try the 'claw' grip. Never could get the hang of that myself.

Det

Distinguished Member
No way in hell I would ever do the claw. You're just asking for arthritis.

I guess I could start practicing with it because it would save time in just about every game.

sevenxl77

I couldn't get to grips :) with the claw but I know a lot of the top players use it.

Maybe Sony will release an Elite style controller which would be great. Failing that have you looked into the scuffs?

Det

Distinguished Member
I couldn't get to grips :) with the claw but I know a lot of the top players use it.

Maybe Sony will release an Elite style controller which would be great. Failing that have you looked into the scuffs?
I've heard of them but I'm not paying over $100 for a controller, lol.

I would however, buy an elite controller of sorts for the PS4!

EDIT: I'm also supposed to be saving up for a PC and PSVR... all these effing games and cool crap coming out is making that difficult!

sevenxl77

I've heard of them but I'm not paying over $100 for a controller, lol.

I would however, buy an elite controller of sorts for the PS4!

EDIT: I'm also supposed to be saving up for a PC and PSVR... all these effing games and cool crap coming out is making that difficult!
I hear you brother.

dmgers

You can buy scuff triggers for ps4 i had the same problem getting use to the ds4 triggers coming from xbox once you get use to them they are great.
Failing that you can buy a cronusmax plus and you can use a xbx1 controller on the ps4.

Det

Distinguished Member
You can buy scuff triggers for ps4 i had the same problem getting use to the ds4 triggers coming from xbox once you get use to them they are great.
Failing that you can buy a cronusmax plus and you can use a xbx1 controller on the ps4.
Do you have one? The latency get worse using it?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom