• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Butterfly

kevcampbell

Banned
Did not think I would enter this month as I had no idea what to capture as I am all for sticking strictly to the theme, but today I think I managed to do that:laugh:

Literally took this shot about an hour ago in my back garden, only managed to get 3 shots before it flew away:(

Was standing about 10 feet away from the butterly so obviously had to zoom in with my Panasonic FZ150

Made a couple of adjustments in Photoshop, no cropping though

Here is the shot, hope you all like it, let me know how I did:D

Butterfly | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
8664577679_570360abf1_c.jpg

Miranda

Prominent Member
Nice, classic butterfly shot. Something I had in mind, but done in a butterfly house :) Nice to hear these guys are out and about. Hopefully we won't get a second winter!

shotokan101

Banned
lovely shot - quite a lot of green "space" in the shot - might be worth seeing how it looks with a dark vignette pulling focus on the butterfly - or alternatively a slightly squarer crop to lose some of the left/right edges ?

Jim

kevcampbell

Banned
Yeah I did think there was a bit too much green myself also, but did not want to crop as I was not too sure what cropping looked good and what cropping may have made the shot look bad, but i will give it a go soon and show you what I managed to do

shotokan101

Banned
Overall I prefer it with the vignette but the butterfly itself is a little too dark now I feel

Jim

Miranda

Prominent Member
Make up you mind, Jim :nono:

Unfortunately you're only allowed one picture per entry thread :) So you should really remove the second one and post it in "not valid" thread instead.
Love it though, and looks fine on my screen.

shotokan101

Banned
Make up you mind, Jim :nono:

Unfortunately you're only allowed one picture per entry thread :) So you should really remove the second one and post it in "not valid" thread instead.
Love it though, and looks fine on my screen.

I did :p - just add the vignette without the funky processing :D

Miranda

Prominent Member
Still two entries in this thread :) I'm not the police for the comp, but other people have been told to remove additional shots from their threads, lest they'll be disqualified. Just thought I'll remind you, before it's too late :) There is only one entry per contestant, and once you enter, there's no changing it. Any additional shots should go to the not valid-thread.

-marika- :thumbsup:

kevcampbell

Banned
Did not think it would matter as its not an entry, i just made a quick edit to show to jim and anyone else that wanted to see what a different version of it looked like but i have now removed the actual image from the post and just left in the link to flickr

Miranda

Prominent Member
Well, it's got nothing to do with my personal preference, it's just how things stand with the competition rules etc.
Absolutely nothing personal about my comment, just stating a fact.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom