Butterflies galore!

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Butterfly World in St Albans opens fully next year, but they already have an impressive display. To be honest the current viewing area cannot hold a lot of people so get there now while it is still quiet for best viewing.

The full set of my shots is HERE

1)

Butterflies-33 by johnaalex, on Flickr

2)

Butterflies-32 by johnaalex, on Flickr

3)

Butterflies-30 by johnaalex, on Flickr

4)

Butterflies-25 by johnaalex, on Flickr

5)

Butterflies-24 by johnaalex, on Flickr

6)

Butterflies-06 by johnaalex, on Flickr

7)

Butterflies-23 by johnaalex, on Flickr

8)

Butterflies-15 by johnaalex, on Flickr

9)

Butterflies-01 by johnaalex, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely shots! No. 6 is by far my favourite, just a shame the flowers clipped on both sides :smashin:

Darren

Number 3 does it for me. But these are all beautiful shots, well done :)

Another great collection John... that is not too far from me.. so will make a visit pretty soon.. thanks for the info..:thumbsup:

Raj

Nice set, John, been looking for a butterfly farm near me, no luck yet.

Anyone know anywhere near Southampton.

Mark.

Anyone know anywhere near Southampton.

There is a butterfly place in Pompey near the boating lake. Failing that there is a place on the Isle of Wight (if you fancied a day out over there for any reason - perhaps with a trip to Tiger Island) that has a good selection of butterflies.

Great set :smashin: theres a butterfly centre near me, thinking i need to pay a visit.

Fab set John - I cannot pick a fav. love them all :smashin:

JIm

Another great collection John... that is not too far from me.. so will make a visit pretty soon.. thanks for the info..:thumbsup:

Raj

Get there sooner rather than later, but pick a bright day for best light in the butterfly house.

Great set :smashin: theres a butterfly centre near me, thinking i need to pay a visit.

Go for it, good luck and don't forget to allow time for the any condensation to clear from you lens when you first go into the butterfly house ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Sony BRAVIA 9 Mini LED TV: The Best HDR TV EVER?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom