Butcher’s Crossing (TBC) Gabe Polsky 20 October

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Nicolas Cage to star in Butcher’s Crossing, an adventure adapted from John Williams’ seminal 1960 novel about the rugged frontier of the American West.

Gabe Polsky (Red Army, Red Penguins) is set to direct.
,The novel is about a young Harvard dropout seeks his destiny out West by tying his fate to a team of buffalo hunters led by Miller (Cage). Together, they embark on a harrowing journey risking life and sanity. The title refers to the small Kansas town where the two intersect in the novel’s story, which was set in the 1870s.

EDD7253B-6AA5-4684-994F-3956053583BB.jpeg
1F151983-D522-4CE5-B4C0-263956BAC339.jpeg

Not the best trailer

Last edited:
In the 'coming soon' section for Prime. Expect it to drop within 2 or 3 weeks.

Production values were better than expected, but I found this a bit of an endurance test. Cage reined himself in for a change and the story was compelling to a point, but it was overlong and bleak as hell. The end text makes for some grim reading too.

5.5/10

Last edited:
Production values were better than expected, but I found this a bit of an endurance test. Cage reined himself in for a change and the story was compelling to a point, but it was overlong and bleak as hell. The end text makes for some grim reading too.

5.5/10

Butchers crossing was a soulless experience just lifted by Nic cage on a leash 6/10

agree on the history lesson at the end, shocking

You must have a reason why you think it’s crazy
Yup - Nic Cage "lifting it" makes me wonder how bad it would have been without him.

Yup - Nic Cage "lifting it" makes me wonder how bad it would have been without him.
I wouldn’t have turned it off without him, I thought the character Fred played by Jeremy Bobb was interesting

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom