Busy rewiring house, some AV help required please?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by sscottyboy99, Aug 17, 2013.

1. sscottyboy99

sscottyboy99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI Guys, Im new on here, so please go easy. I hope some of you may be able to help. Im rewiring my house at the moment, Im an electrician anyway, but not that up to speed on the AV side of things, so after some input from people in the know.

Im putting a large smart tv on each chimney breast down stairs, theres 2. Im wanting to know if im putting the right amount of wiring in as it isnt in pipe or boxing in, it will just be plastered over, so I dont want to miss anything.

From (back room) tv, I have 3X HDMI cables going to a cabinet, where my sky+HD box, X-box, and blueray dvd player will be. My router will also be in here. Im also going to put a cctv recorder in here, so I will have 2 camera coax`s into this, and 1 coax out into a BNC "T" piece, then into both TV`s, onto the AV input, so I can see a live feed of what ever the camera is seeing at any time required by changing the input to AV on the tv. Is this the correct way to do it?

my other tvs in the house are wired as follows. A coax from the roof down to the skybox for freeview on upstairs tv`s. A coax out of the sky box to an amplifier in the loft, then out of the amp into the bed rooms upstairs, there for, please correct me if im wrong, giving freeview and what ever is being watched on the skybox down stairs, onto the tvs upstairs. Is this right? Does anybody know if say 3 tvs upstairs could be watching different freeview chanels at one time by this method? Do I need a coax back down to my tvs on the chimney breasts?

Out of the skybox on the hdmi cable, I am taking this into an HDMI splitter, then a HDMI cable to each tv, getting rid of the need for extra skybox and can easly fit a magic eye later to turn the sky over from the other room where the box isnt.

I also have ethernet cables to each TV downstairs.

Do I need optical cables from each tv on chimney breast as well as HDMI to where the entertainments boxes will be housed? or will HDMI run everything I need?

I was also thinking about a sonos soundbar next to one of my TV`s, which I know comes with an optical cable. Do I need an extra ethernet cable for this?

For my router, I realise I am going to require a switch to give me extra ways, but as I already have a 5 port switch, will I be able to run another switch from a switch? giving me an extra 3 ,4 or 5 ways? Because at the moment, I will have my phone line coming into the router, then one out to the switch. 3 bedrooms off the switch, and maybe one to a bridge unit you can buy with the sonos soundbar. Then there are the 2 TV`s that will require ethernet, and the cctv recorder, allowing me to see whats on the camera over the internet.

Any further input/corrections or opinions greatly appreciated at this stressfull time. Please help me to forget nothing!!

Cheers
    scott

2. Member 581642

Member 581642
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,501
    could you sketch out your plans as that will make it easier to offer advice.

3. sscottyboy99

sscottyboy99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heres a drawing Ive made of what ive more or less wired. Still a few wires to go in when I get back from working away, but thats about the jist of what I expect to work.

Please let me know what you think, cheers

Attached Files: