1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Busted Denon 500

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Kingmob04, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Kingmob04

Kingmob04
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have to help me.

I came down this morning to play a DVD and for some reason the open/close button wouldn't work on the player. I noticed that some of the other buttons were also not functioning.

(As an aside, why is it that the controller has all options under the sun, but nothing for the open/close function???).

I looked around and noticed that the speaker above the player had lost some of the fibres from the cover- made the connection and it seems some careless sod has knocked it off and onto the player screwing something inside and making all the buttons not function.

Does anyone know if Peter Tyson will repair this under warranty or whether Barclaycard has some kind of purchase insurance?

I'm so upset at the moment and any help would be great??!!!

2. TWOFISH

TWOFISH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The open /close on my 500 failed after a week, It went back to superfi and they sent me a replacement player, just send it back and take a chance, they may do the same.

3. Eallin

Eallin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    As TWOFISH says I'd take the chance.

Quote, "(As an aside, why is it that the controller has all options under the sun, but nothing for the open/close function???)."

Welll...you have to get to the set to take out the disc anyway. So unless you have a remote 'put the DVD back in its case, then the cupboard' function, it's not particularly worthwhile.

Ed.

4. Kingmob04

Kingmob04
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is worthwhile if the open/close button is busted on the player, but I take your point.

I spoke to Tyson and they asked me to reset the whole system, unplug everything then leave for 24 hours. I'm going to try a DVD tonight then tomorrow morning. If works on both occasions I'll leave it, but if not then it's back to Tyson.