Business rip off

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by maverick177uk, Feb 1, 2009.

1. maverick177uk

maverick177uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,488
    I work on a Fire station (ok no bed or snooker jokes please) we want to update our box with a second hand sky+ box, so we phoned up the sky people and they say they want an extra £10 a month to use the box for sky + facility!!! I said that its included in a domestic package so why not the commercial as they are already ripping us for a huge some of money, thats just the way its is they say no budging or anything, and its not like we are like pubs were anyone can watch if you know what I mean. I know its another moan at sky but we cant get any viable alternative on station. Just wish there was more competition, like the gas companies etc, were you use the equipment but dont have to buy off Sky.:mad:

2. fernandez

fernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    Sky Business Terms and Conditions are entirely separate from Sky for home use.
    Different prices apply depending on the commercial use.

Also worth noting is this from the Sky Business site concerning Sky+

"You must first subscribe to a Sky Retail/General/Offices/Hotels UK Subscription. You can then upgrade to a Sky+ Subscription. Please note the Sky+ PVR functionality is only permitted on the following channels; Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Sky Sports 3, Sky Sports Xtra and Sky Sports News."

3. maverick177uk

maverick177uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,488
    Thanks for that didnt know it was on certain channels only, definetley wont be getting it now.