1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bush Ws6680

Discussion in 'TVs' started by rmg, Jul 8, 2002.

1. rmg

rmg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So,

I ordered a Bush WS6673 from Tesco.com

£270.

They have sent me a WS6680, which I assume is a newer model.

The picture is ok, not as great as on the 6006 I had before but the RGB on this set is excellent, with no interference ;-)

The question I have is on the viewing modes, it has:

4:3
    16:9
    Letterbox
    Zoom

Now Zoom expands Vetically, and a little bit horizontally, although not the full width of the screen.

So there fore I have to watch broadcasts in 4:3 with Borders each side, or in 16:9.

I was expecting a mode that would stretch 4:3 to fill the screen, but it looks like this is what 16:9 does. Letterbox expands a 16:9 picture vertically, to remove black bars on films.

So all in all its a nice telly, but Bush appear to have gone back to the purist aspect ratios of the WS6670, rather than sticking with the improved WS6673 options.

(The 6680 does S-video though which is a big + over the 6673!)

PS - Does anyone now how to get into the service menu on BUSH TV's please? Or even if Bush have a website?

I have a nasty left shift on my PS2 games via RGB and would like to see if the service menu can fix it.

--
    rmg.