Bush TV Stuck in Stand by mode?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Hussnain H, Feb 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Hussnain H

Hussnain H
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a BUSH BTVD91186B TV/DVD combo and when I plug the power cable into the plug and turn it on all I get is a Red light. I have tried pressing power button from the panel on the TV and from the remote itself which does not do anything at all.

I insert a DVD into the DVD drive and it does spin however the light is always Red and I do not get any Display or Sound. I opened the TV up yesterday just to check for any faults and did not find any. I did take all the cables of and put them back on again and when I powered the TV on I still got the Red light and nothing else. Today in the morning, I tried switching the monitor on again and the red light started blinking and I got display and sound, however I could not go into menu or change the channel (There was a white hand on the top right of the screen giving me a stop sign.). This gave me an idea that the TV has child lock/parental lock on it. However I cannot disable this as 1) I do not know the password for it as I am not the first owner of this TV and 2) The TV is not turning on again. I then disconnected the TV from the mains and when putting the plug back in the same thing is now happening!? I cant seem to find out what the problem is but what I do know is the TV is not completely dead as I did get display/sound from it in the morning.

Is there any way to FACTORY RESET the TV without the TV showing any display as I cannot get into the MENU screen.. Please help me!!

Thanks.