Bush TU160DTR EPG problems

t11rmh

I have purchased a Bush TU160DTR from Argos for £87.99 which is a pretty good price. I was expecting problems as having read on the internet about the reliability of Bush PVR's I thought I would be lucky to get a good one.

Anyway, I have had it for a few days. Had to wait a day or so for the 14 day EPG to load up and the series link to work. But what has happened every day since I have had it is that when I turn it on in the morning and go into the EPG it has lost all EPG information and planned recordings. Unplugging it from the mains and plugging it back in fixes this problem. It even recovers the lost planned recordings. I think it does this when the Top Up TV stuff is going on overnight (I have not subscribed) as it does record a few Lottery Xtra programs each night.

It does say in the manual that if the box does anything unexpected then do unplug it from the mains.

Anyway, I'll most probably buy a timer switch for the mains that powers it off and on once a day early in the morning as I am loathe to take it back as another model might present more problems.

Apart from this the box works a treat.

One day manufacturers will make these boxes reliable. I had a Sagem PVR beforehand which was flaky and eventually died on me.

t11rmh

Well, I have had the machine for five days now and it seems to have stopped crashing when I power it on. It has done a couple of updates since I purchased it so maybe it is more stable than I first thought.

Right now the machine is perfect. Long may it continue. At £87.99 with the picture quality and full functionality it is an absolute steal.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.:clap::clap::clap:

pbrace

Standard Member
My daughter has a Bush250DTR and it is quite noisy, disk or fan, which may be normal, but the problem is that the disk does not stop spinning when she puts it on standby.

Is this normal or does the disk stop for others who own these units?

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom