Bush TR2015 Internet radio won't work on virgin broadband

jerryjal

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I bought this cheap radio for the kitchen last year and have had no problems with it until I changed my ISP from Orange to Virgin.

When I try to connect to Virgin over the wireless network it says "network unsupported", I have the 50Mb service using the super hub and have had no problem connecting the wife's laptop, my iPad or our iPhones.

Any ideas what I can do to make the radio recognise the network?

Thanks

Jerry

Is your WiFi running in the 5GHz band only as opposed to 2.4GHz? It could be that the Bush internet radio doesn't support 5GHz?

Last edited:
You need to go to 192.168.0.1 use the username and password on the back of the router, normally 'admin' and 'changeme' respectively unless you have changed them.

You then need To go to 'wireless network settings' scroll down half way and it will say something like wireless band.

You should change this to 2.4GHz.

You need to go to 192.168.0.1 use the username and password on the back of the router, normally 'admin' and 'changeme' respectively unless you have changed them.

You then need To go to 'wireless network settings' scroll down half way and it will say something like wireless band.

You should change this to 2.4GHz.

Thanks for the advice, I did what you said and it was already set at 2.4GHz.

I then tried something different which has worked, I changed the setting to WEP and managed to connect the radio, I then did a firmware upgrade on the radio and then changed the connection setting back from WEP to the WPA auto and tried pairing the radio with the internet and voila it worked. :smashin:

I'm guessing that a software update was needed. :)

Thank you for everyones input.

Hey guys I have a Bush TR2015 Wifi Internet Radio. And its stock on Home page with the message Reciva Enabled ARM powered. Please what do I do?

Thanks so much nmdale/Hambox. I have similar problem with My old RevoPico wifi. I was able to connect after changing to WEP. I check for upgrade of fireware but it says there is no updated. I thethen change my internet seeting back ( as I was disconnected from SKY tv when I was doing all these. But now that I chageb back to what it was, I can not connect to the internet again
Any idea?

Thanks so much (nmdale/Hambox). I have similar problem with my old RevoPico wifi. I was able to connect after changing setting to WEP as suggested by you guys and left it ruing at 2.4GHz. I then check for upgrade of the radio firmware but it says there is no update. I then change my internet setting back – to what it was (as I was disconnected from my SKY tv when I was doing all this. But now that I changed the setting back to what it was, I can not connect the radio to the internet again

Any idea?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom