1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bush Television Offer

Discussion in 'TVs' started by homer_rules, Nov 7, 2003.

1. homer_rules

homer_rules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to buy a Flatscreen television, I have seen a Bush 28 inch pure flat Dolby Pro-logic RF6683VPL for sale at Tesco for £349.99.

However I have a leaflet from Aldi that has a very similar looking Bush with the same spec for £259.99, I would like to know if anyone knows if they are the same model as I dont have a model number for the Aldi offer.

If anyone has views on Bush televisions it would help me choose.

Cheers

2. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

If you're looking for a 28" flat widescreen tv, and have a budget up to £350, then there are much better options available to you than the Bush sets.

You can find 50hz 28" sets from Philips and JVC that cost less than £350, and their performance will be a good deal better than the Bush, though it can be difficult to judge this in the shops as these tv's are usually set up very badly.

I wouldn't let the Pro Logic sound on the Bush influence your decision, as many surround sound tv's don't really sound any better than normal stereo sets. The inbuilt speakers are just too weedy and closely packed together to produce anything resembling decent surround sound.

Hope this helps,

Bob.