Bush T836 320gb Topuptv?

Whysub

Standard Member
I had a Thompson Topuptv recorder for a few years that decided not to work any longer. I also subscribe to topuptv (at £19.99 per month) and this recorder loaded certain programmes up for me overnight. Sadly when the unit stopped working itwiped every thing I had saved in my library.

So I looked at various websites and found advertised a Bush T836 and the add says it has a card slot for ESPN/Skysports and topuptv card, so purchased it.

Plugged it in, switched it on and inserted the card in tew front slot, and it worked fine (well, all channels loaded and I can watch ESPN).

However it doesn't seem to download Topuptv programs as my thompson box did. Am I doing something wrong, or have I been sold a recorder that does not do as advertised (I got it from Argos)?

I live in a listed house so cannot have a sky dish on the wall and hate the look of one in the garden. Unless anyone knows how I can put a dish inside the house and receive a good signal, I'm stuck with freeview (and I live in a small village, so cable will NEVER be an option for me!).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom