1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bush Pro300 5.1 speakers (advice needed)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tonytol, Nov 10, 2004.

1. tonytol

tonytol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Are these speakers shielded??
    I've had a good look around on the net and can't find any details on these. Since getting my Philips 32PW9509 telly, I haven't plugged the speakers back into the DVD player. Worried about shielding especially on the centre speaker. Didn't mind on the old telly but don't want to damage the new one. Can I use the Bush set safely? OR (not being an expert) would it make sense to use the sub and rears, but keep the rest through the telly (it's 'virtual' Dolby) or would I never get it to balance the sound sensibly.? The sound from the telly is ok, but lacks the sub, and for some reason, speech can be quiter than expected with music or background noise.

2. phattanglo

phattanglo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the Bush pro 300 as my 1st hc the centre is shielded the rest are not.

3. tonytol

tonytol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks phattanglo.

I may give it a go then and have the other speakers away from the telly. (+ I may put the centre on the floor as the top of the 9509 isn't flat!