1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bush LCD TV??

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by mr_baz, Apr 24, 2005.

1. mr_baz

mr_baz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

First post and I wonder if someone can help me at all please?!

I'm after an LCD TV for my bedroom... Have been looking at the cheaper end of the market (15" 4:3 Tosh etc) but have just spotted a couple of cheap Bush 17" 16:9's (Bush LCD17TV004 £280, Bush LCD17TV002 £240) and in the same price bracket. Call it brand snobbery but I wouldn't usually venture into the cheap brand market, but it seems a lot for the money. My questions are:

1) Are the BUSH LCD's any good? Anyone out there got/experience of one?
    2) Are they actually made by Bush or just a rebrand?
    3) Anyone know the difference between the Bush LCD17TV004 and 002? (Cant find a Bush TV website... Search for Bush and get some interesting results!!!)

I know this sort of question has been asked a million times over, but I'd appreciate the help... Have searched the forums and cant find any recent relating info...!

Thanks in advance!

Baz

2. nealb

nealb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
  3. petecowie

petecowie
    R.I.P.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    As you're in Colchester have a look in Sainsbury's tollgate, I'm sure they had a Sony 17" Widescreen on offer at half price £299 when I went in there on Sunday.

Didn't get the model number but its the one where the screen curves into the stand. Found the model i think it's a MFM-HT75W

Pete

4. pixelated

pixelated

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    If this were Plasma, I'd advise you to run away.. I've never seen a cheap end of the market Plasma by these kind of brands that are decent. But for LCD... these brands I'm not sure about, but some people on this forum have got such TVs that wouldn't be classed as a Sony, Panasonic etc... Dual in asda for example.

Personally I'd consider sticking with a "big" brand, for the aftercare if nothing else and the feeling of overall quality ... but if you dig deep enough I'm sure there are some bargains out there.