Bush Freeview Digital TV Recorder 500GB (BU11VFRSD50) - Recording problem

Cazzy2002

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, :hiya:
Can anyone help me?
I received the above as a Christmas present, and everything seems to be working fine except it cuts off the end of some of the programmes that I have recorded (but not all of them.) I haven't recorded very much yet, but this has happened with both of the programmes I have recorded from 5USA, but the ones I have recorded from Pick TV were fine. Any ideas of what I can do with this particular model to make it record the whole programme? :lease:
Many thanks!
Caroline

Check in the Menu (and the manual) to see if there is a setting which enables you to 'pad' or add a few minutes to your timed recordings. Some PVRs will allow 5-15 minutes to be added to overcome broadcasts that over-run. This will eat up a bit extra of your total recording time but it will ensure you don't miss bits.

It's impossible to find a copy of the manual on-line as 'Bush' is simply a label that Argos stick on equipment from various manufacturers.

Last edited:
Hi, :hiya:
Can anyone help me?
I received the above as a Christmas present, and everything seems to be working fine except it cuts off the end of some of the programmes that I have recorded (but not all of them.) I haven't recorded very much yet, but this has happened with both of the programmes I have recorded from 5USA, but the ones I have recorded from Pick TV were fine. Any ideas of what I can do with this particular model to make it record the whole programme? :lease:
Many thanks!
Caroline
The recorder depends on the Accurate Recording Freeview+ feature which relies on accurate control data being transmitted by the broadcaster. The "5" group of channels are notorious for transmitting incorrect data. Are recordings on BBC and ITV channels OK?

Colin

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom