Bush Freesat Lock Indicator - No Lock

LisaTechnoPhobe

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you can help me. We have 3 TV's in our house, 1 with Sky+ which is working perfectly, and 2 with a Bush Freesat BFSAT02SD box - one of which is working fine, and another which is not recieving any channels.

The one which is not working was installed approximately 1 month ago, and it was working perfectly until yesterday. I switched the TV on and all but BBC1 and ITV1 had stopped working, and where the information bar at the bottom would normally display what program was on, instead it said "no signal". I checked the information and under "lock indicator" it states "no lock". We had a similar problem on the Sky+ box a few months ago as if we were recording a program, we couldn't watch anything else. A Sky engineer came out and realigned the dish and it has worked ever since, however, with the Sky+ box and one of the Freesat boxes working, I am hesitant to interfere with the dish just incase they stop working aswell.

I have checked several forums, and the only one I found with the same specific problem says that the Scart lead may have shorted in the connection, but from what I could gather, no-one had heard of the problem before and were just guessing. All the same I have swapped Scart leads, and as the TV had 2 Scart input sockets, I've tried them both and nothing works.

When we first got the Freesat box, the signal strength was 98%. Every time I have changed the connection via the Scart lead I did a retune, and found the signal went down with every attempt, and now it is currently at 27%. The box must be receiving some kind of signal though as all the channels are discovered, and BBC1 and ITV1 are still working, but nothing else.

Any ideas are welcome, and thank you in advance!

Lisa,
If the engineer has already re-aligned the dish - and your other boxes are receiving all the channels - I'd take back the fauty box to the retailer it was bought from, as you say, its only a month old.

Mike

Double check that it's not working properly by using a connection other than Scart. Make sure its Satellite In plug is securely in place. Try it with the dish connection for one of the machines that is working. Then get it exchanged. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom