Bush DVHRS02 DVD Recorder problem freezing

K

Kevin Tennyson

Can anyone give any advice Re my Father's DVD as listed above? The problem is that when playing back DVDs which have been recorded on the same unit, the picture starts to break up into larger squares (only on parts of the TV screen) and then after a while it finally freezes up completely. This only happens on fairly long recordings (usually a film). Over the last few months a number of good films have been spoiled because they have failed to see the ending. I am fairly new to DVD players but thought it might be something to do with the point when the player laser views a different layer? or section on the DVD disc so as to increase the recording time but I am pretty sure that it is not this as the problem comes and goes. It is usually towards the end of playing something for an hour or more. Could it be a faulty batch of discs or the unit getting to hot? Sorry for the length of this enquiry!!
Regards Kevin

Welcome to the forums Kevin :hiya:

The first thing I would try is some higher quality blank DVDs. What sort was he using for these recordings by the way ?

Thanks John
Unfortunately my father has binned the DVD packaging (they are in a storage box) so it is difficult to know what the exact product type is. However, he does know that they are Sony and 2 types of Philips and he thinks it's one type of Philips that is causing the problem. Is it Mansfield Notts? I spent some time at Farnsfield.

Thanks Rich
I may have to suggest that he takes the machine back although I think he already is thinking of this. Trouble is I think they may have had it for more than a few months.

Cheers

Yes, I'm not far from Farnsfield.
It would be worth checking if they can send it back then if it failed on Sony and Philips DVDs as I don't think they can be called "cheapo discs" ! If they say that they have had the problem from the begining but were trying to sort it out by trying different recording options they might have some luck ? Where did they buy it from do you know ?

Sadly the problem started only a few months ago. Only seems to happen with one type of Philips disc on long recordings. Bought from Argos just over a year ago so probably not returnable.

Cheers

I have recently encountered the same problem with my unit which was purchased in Nov 2005. However, I have now established that the DVD has recorded OK as I am able to play it on my PC using VLC media player. Therefore, I can only assume the problem is in the DVD player function. Having said that, when viewing commercial DVD's these are OK. Does anyone have any ideas for a resolution of this malfunction?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom