1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bush DVD-N9868

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pacman1854, Oct 9, 2003.

1. pacman1854

pacman1854

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have received through the post details of an offer of a free Bush DVD-N9868 player with an insurance/savings account, but can find no details of this machine anywhere.

It's a slimline model with a digital display on the left hand side, and what look like small round buttons on the top at the right.

Is it a made up machine, or does it actually exist?

If so, does anyone know what it's like, and is it worth replacing my Woolworths Welkin (basically the Asda Pacific 1002 without the digital display) with it?

2. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
    The id number looks like this player
    http://www.nintaus.com/english/product/dvd/9868.htm

If it is this one, then, it is at least on Toshiba 330 level (otherwise maybe one of the other players on the site) and it has zoran vaddis 5 - all in one chip, which many makers are using e.g. Arcam Diva 27,88,89, Samsung and Sanyo. While Toshiba, Sharp, Sony, Pioneer uses vaddis 6 in their dvd-recorders.

I have a nintaus and it is one of the best brands in China, and mine works superb in component & vga (I got mine free, but mine only cost £80 in China and it has vga input & pal/ntsc prog scan, and it looks beautiful too, so Nintaus gives excellent value for money)

Nintaus has only been sold in very limited retailers in Scandinavia from what I have seen, apart from Asia, but if Bush is going to sell these machines, then Nintaus will kick butt with e.g. RS's Limit, Sainsbury's Mico's etc and play with the big boys.

Wasabi

3. pacman1854

pacman1854

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you.

That's a great help.

Just one question. The website mentions 'Free-code'. Does that mean the machine will be region-free, or will I need a hack like my present machine?

4. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
    Mine came region free, no button pressing needed, although I don't think it is macrovision free, as the brand is reputable and successful, and doesn't want to upset the film or its industry.

This is the link to my model

http://www.nintaus.com/CHS/ProductDetail.asp?PID=54&CID=11&SID=0

It is really good looking, looks like a £200-£300 player, with the slade in mint green mirror and below just a very slim led in nice blue, the display has on both sides small bits of same mirrors,gold feet and the rest of the is in nice metal colour.

Also don't forget your model pal/ntsc prog scan ready (unless bush & nintaus has agreed to remove pal prog), and just show other members, Nintaus players and the price league they operate in are way ahead compared with Japanese brands, they can play HDCD (I don't have any use of it) which can only be found on e.g. £500 Denon DVD-MK2800II, £400 Denon DVD-1600, £1500 Toshiba SD9500e and and £500 Toshiba SD900e.

pacman1854, is it the model I showed you?

Wasabi

5. pacman1854

pacman1854

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

The picture on your first post looks like the N9868 that's shown on the letter I have.

Thank you for your help.

I'll let you know more when/if this Bush machine arrives.

6. Crocodile JD

Crocodile JD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Fairly sure it is the same beast, externally at least. I had the Nintaus player (bought it back from China with me) and it looks Identical to the Bush player. It cost me £75 equivalent, but I saw the European version(Scart instead of VGA) for double that price at the time. I think Panasonic also produced a player in the same box but this definately had some internal differences.

Do a search on this Forum for Nintaus N868 (Add the 9 for the Euro model). I have posted details on this player from time to time.

Cheers

Croc