• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bush, BFSAT02SD, viewing problems

alanos

Standard Member
Hello guys, my second post. I am new to all this stuff so forgive use of incorrect terminology and asking dumb questions.

I have just bought a mobile dish and a basic Bush Freesat box so that I can watch Grands Prix when away in the caravan.

I have achieved 91% signal strength and link the Freesat box to the flatscreen TV via a SCART lead. The TV incorporates Freeview. My symptoms are that the satellite programmes disappear from the screen and the TV goes off trying to find a digital signal. Initially this was happening every 5 - 10 seconds but over the weekend we did have 3 periods when it displayed satellite TV for up to an hour. The satellite picture can always be recovered by selecting AV2 on the TV controller.

It almost feels like the Freesat is competing with the Freeview. Any ideas?

Thanks

Alan

lbear

Try putting the SCART lead through the AV1 socket on the TV set or turn off whatever you have in that socket already.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom