Bush BFSAT01HD Black Freesat HD Digital Box.

nypdblue

Standard Member
Hi,

Apologies if this has already been posted before, I recently purchased the Bush SD Freesat Box and while I'm impressed, the picture quality is average on my HDTV. Anyone have any news on the availiability of the superior Bush HD Freesat Box as seen on Argos website, but still out of stock ? Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

D3lboy

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been posted before, I recently purchased the Bush SD Freesat Box and while I'm impressed, the picture quality is average on my HDTV. Anyone have any news on the availiability of the superior Bush HD Freesat Box as seen on Argos website, but still out of stock ? Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:
get the humax one mates from what ive read there better and got a non free sat mode so you can pick up loads of other channels theres only 8-9 good channels but im gessing theres more to come

smike42

Standard Member
get the humax one mates from what ive read there better and got a non free sat mode so you can pick up loads of other channels theres only 8-9 good channels but im gessing theres more to come
Hi - where have you found comparisons?

thanks

Mike

Bazil01

Standard Member
Just a few observations on the Bush BFSAT01HD which may be useful.

I just bought one from Argos (with free HDMI cable!) and I am quite impressed with the performance.

There were a few things about the initial setup to watch out for though. I have an existing Sky minidish and it works fine with the Sky box (Pace).

When I connected the Bush it showed 0% signal strength and warnings about needing to check dish, cable etc.

I noticed however, that there was a 'no signal' banner came up when the dish was disconnected and it went away when plugged in.

Being adventurous, I ignored the warning and proceeded as if the suggested 50% or more signal was present.

It bumbled along and set up perfectly and when I checked the signal strength afterwards it said 80%+ and 100% 'quality'.

I think there must be a 'bug' in the initial signal strength display and I would urge anybody who has the same to ignore it as long as it doesn't say 'no signal'

The other point I have not seen mentioned, is that the box is powered from a 12Volt wall adaptor, which means it will run from a battery. I tried this in the caravan with the portable dish and it works perfectly, so it is good for campers as well!

I hope this is of use to someone and all in all the Bush seems good value at £120.

nutter998

Standard Member
I too got one of these from Argos and have been very impressed with it. Watching Euro 2008 on a 52" Samsung has been great fun! The HD picture from the Bush has been very good indeed, not so much with an SD picture but I got this mainly for HD so I'm not too worried. What it does show is that the BBC HD is very good, much better than the ITV HD which breaks up occasionally.
:hiya:

H

hussarman

Got my Bush BFSAT01HD from Argos.
The initial set-up was a nightmare, got as far as "updating the system" and it sat there for over an hour with nothing happening.
The signal strength was 80 per cent and signal quality 78 per cent.
I decided to phone customer support and the guy said to unplug the box and connect a scart lead which I did. Plugged the box back in then went thro the process of updating the system and it worked but the updating took twenty five minutes.
After all this palava I am not all that impressed with the picture quality although the box is connected to the HDMI socket on the TV and the scart lead has been removed. In fact I get better quality reception using Freeview. Not all that impressed and wish I had waited longer for Freesat or Bush to perfect the the whole system.

technowizard

Novice Member
The bush/goodmans/grundig boxes have a non-freesat capability as they have manual tune.:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom