Bush BD01 Blu-ray Player £77

Stuart

Distinguished Member
Thanks to member novimihai for spotting this :smashin:

BUSH BD01 BLU RAY DISC PLAYER DVD WMA MP3 JPEG REFURB on eBay, also Region 2 DVD Players, DVD Players, DVD Home Cinema, Consumer Electronics (end time 05-Jun-09 11:08:39 BST)

This can be converted to a Region A machine but the remote will become useless and you'd need a universal remote. See the below link for more info:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-players/858581-bush-bd01-owners-thread-27.html#post8800379

I've been using one for several months and it hasn't missed a beat with Region A discs. PQ and AQ every bit as good as my Panny :thumbsup:

PS I've been using my Harmony One to control it with no problems

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Does anyone have this? Is it any good? Very much like the idea of having a Region A player but it sure is ugly.

toddy28

wont play all blu-rays as you cant update the firmware i would not bother with this player at all even at £77 i was thinking about it as a region a player but after reading the owners thread i changed my mind not worth importing films if they might not play

Stuart

Distinguished Member
Since I converted mine to Region A, it's played everything flawlessly, well A or Free titles obviously.

And as it effectively becomes a US Insignia player, I presume future updates will be possible.

taffster1967

Standard Member
hi there just a quick question after appliying the firware update for the insignia will it still play normal dvd's
thanks

mckee74

Distinguished Member
It will play normal DVD's, but only Region 1 DVD's as for all intents and purposes once you apply the firmware it is a COMPLETELY American player.

On a side note, I can't recommend it enough. A Region A player that bistreams TrueHD and DTS-HD MA for less than £80 is just a great deal. Picture quality is excellent.

Only other thing, once you do apply the firmware it messes up the remote - play becomes fast forward, 1 becomes play etc - so the only real stumbling block is I'd advise you have a Harmony remote or something of it's ilk in order to use it unless you have the patience to work out the buttons!

taffster1967

Standard Member
thanks my friend ,you wouldnt happen to know if the harmony 515 would do the trick would you

Last edited:

mckee74

Distinguished Member
I can't imagine any reason why it wouldn't. I have the Harmony One but as far as my knowledge goes, they all still use the same database. If you should get one, let me know as I still have the model number that the Bush BD01 "becomes" once you update the firmware somewhere.

mckee74

Distinguished Member

mckee74

Distinguished Member
No worries. Welcome to the forum by the way.

taffster1967

Standard Member
:Dthankyou for your help until i manage to get hold of a remote for this i dont suppose you are aware of what the current buttons are do you,thanks:rolleyes:

mckee74

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom